I have just got back up from Adelaide where we attended the REIA 2010 National Awards for Excellence. I am very proud to say that the night was highly successful for us and we were awarded the REIA Medium Residential Agency for the Year award.
But as our team sat nervously waiting for our category to be read out and partaking in more than our fair share of the fantastic South Australian wine on offer, there was one thing that was really standing out above everything else for our table and in fact every table in the room.
It seemed that every individual award category was being taken out by a female. They were simply dominating everything that was read out.
Lets take a look at the individual awards taken out by the Women :
- May Dunlop from Dunlop & Wright – NT – Residential Salesperson of the Year
- Karen Seeto from Ray White Surfers Paradise – QLD – Commercial Salesperson of the Year
- Kathryn Massey from Michael Johnson & Co – WA – Property Manager of the Year
- Karli Dunham from Just Business Brokers – VIC – Business Broker of the Year
- Michelle Heffernan of Fitzpatricks Real Estate – NSW – Achievement Award
- Jo Tremaine from Place Estate Agents – QLD – Corporate Support Person of the Year
Well done ladies, those results ares simply outstanding.
and the results for the Men :
- Peter Apostolakos from CB Richard Ellis NSW – NSW -Commercial Property Managers of the Year
- Frank Valentic from Advantage Property Consulting – VIC – Buyer’s Agent of the Year
That’s 6 of the 8 awards going to the women. In fact both May and Karen were the only female finalists in their category. They were literally the roses amongst the thorns with Peter and Frank the only males seemingly holding back the female tide!
In contrast at the 2009 awards there was only 2 individual female winners in the Property Management and Corporate Support Person categories.
Watch out guys if the 2010 national awards are any indicator it seems this year the girls are going to be unstoppable!
The agency based winners on the night were :
- Independent Property Group – ACT – Large Residential Agency of the Year
- Nerang First National – QLD – Medium Residential Agency of the Year
- Sissons Estate Agents – QLD – Small Residential Agency of the Year
- CB Richard Ellis QLD – QLD – Commercial Agency of the Year
- Independent Property Group – ACT – Communications Award
- Colliers International NSW – Innovation Award
- Nelson Alexander – VIC – Community Service Award
and there were joint winners for the President’s Award
- Colin A Rooke from Dyson & Austen & Co – NSW
- Robyn Waters from Get Robyn – VIC
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists who were already winners at their respective state awards.